Thursday, July 12, 2007

A red, red rose

Taking the idea from Neil Perkins, who took the idea from Creative Think - you “Take your favourite words, your favourite blogs, and give ‘em some some link love.” So, given it was the summer of love and taking inspiration from the words Neil used, I though I would use one of my favourite poems, from the wonderful Robert Burns (that’s where some of you who went to school in Scotland may begin to switch off after those years of Burns recitals, but, I love this poem and won a prize for reciting it [that’s where those of you who know me personally will keel over with shock – me winning a prize for singing]).

So, here’s some of the poem, and some of my favourite blogs, in no particular order:

"O my love is like a red, red rose
That's newly sprung in June;
My love like the melody
That's sweetly played in tune.

As fair art thou, my bonny lass,
So deep in love am I;
And I will love thee still, my dear,
Till a' the seas gang dry."

And so on to the fourth reason to love marketing – blogs allow you to spread a little love to the others in your industry as well as your customers.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 2:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How lovely, thank you.

 
At 2:25 PM, Blogger faris said...

COOL - thanks. X

 
At 3:07 PM, Blogger Lisa Breslin said...

You're both very welcome!

 
At 12:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for the luv!

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger Doug said...

thanks chaps

 

Post a Comment

<< Home