Friday, July 20, 2007

Stick 'em up!


So, today I’m going a little off topic. I’m still sticking [just realised the clever pun here for what's about to come] with reasons to love marketing, but it’s not so much the campaigns themselves, but more the media that I’m loving today and one type of media in particular – Moo products, especially their new stickers.

And, strictly speaking, the stickers are not a commercial advertising medium, although they often get used for that purpose, but they are also for the general public, to market any photos they have to anyone they wish. And that’s exactly why I love them.

I love to send my friends cards or presents that are a little out of the ordinary and it’s great to see the look on people’s faces when they receive something they truly know you’ve put a lot of thought into. And Moo stickers (or their minicards, or notecards) can all help you do that.

And there you have reason to love marketing number six: Marketing isn’t just for businesses, it’s for people too – to share their favourite moments with friends and bring a little joy into theirs’, and other’s lives.

However, if you are a business, Moo’s products have a multitude of uses for your company as well. Their minicards can be used as unusual business cards, their notecards can be used for direct mail and their stickers can be used for… hell, who knows, it’s Friday afternoon and I’m out of ideas for the week, but I’m sure you could come up with something.

The main reason I love them, and it seems to be a common theme in why I love marketing, again, it gives me a sense of nostalgia, taking me back to when I had sticker albums to fill up as a kid. But now, those stickers will be my own personal pictures and instead of getting my digital photos as prints, I can make them into stickers to stick straight into my photo sticker album – how cool is that! OK, so I’m getting a little over-excited now, but you get the idea.

Shipping during July is free for the stickers, so get in now and order a load from your photos (which can be uploaded from a number of sites, see website for details). They even come in their own stickerbook!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 12:55 PM, Blogger Stanley Johnson said...

Interesting company Moo. I'd liken them to the Japanese, in that they make seemingly silly stuff that only kids should like and yet adults can't help but love them. Wonder what they'll come up with next?

 
At 12:59 PM, Blogger Lisa Breslin said...

Who knows. I think it's probably down to the fact that no-one really feels like they are grown up and when a chance comes along to act like a big kid again, people jump at the chance. Well, at least that's the case for me anyway...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home